Reflexology is a method for activating the healing powers of the body. It is both old and new and has been used during ancient times by the Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Russians and Egyptians to promote good health.
How can Reflexology help you?
- Is great for reducing stress and inducing deep relaxation
- Improves circulation
- Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
- Balances the whole system
- Revitalizes energy
- Is preventative health care
Why the feet?
- There are reflex points in the feet that correspond with every organ and gland in the body.
- The feet ground us, literally. They are our contact with the earth and the energies that flow through it.
- They are our base, our foundation. The feet are farthest from the heart, where circulation tends to stagnate.
- People with poor circulation often have tender or swollen hands and feet. It is good to stimulate and encourage blood flow to these extremities.
- Gravity pulls toxins downward. So inorganic waste such as uric acid and calcium crystals can build up in the bottoms of the feet.
- Reflexology can break these deposits down.
- Lastly, our feet take a real beating, they bear our weight, are under considerable tension and we cram them in to all sorts of shoe styles that are not always best for them. We owe our feet a treat!
What happens when we meet?
At the first appointment I will take a 15 minute consultation and note down some details about you. I will discuss your particular health concerns with you and establish how reflexology may help you. During the session you will remain fully clothed and can relax on a couch whilst I apply gentle pressure on your feet and work through all the reflex points.
There may be areas of sensitivity indicated on your feet which may indicate an imbalance in a particular area of the body. I will gently work on these specific areas in order to restore balance and enhance the free flow of energy in the body. Many clients relax and fall asleep during a reflexology session, others have reported that they feel a tingling sensation going through their body when I work on specific parts of the feet. Most clients become re-energized straightaway!